Part One: The Turning Tide X


 

I will never regret the lessons I learned through experience, even the difficult ones. Because of those rough times, I am more knowledgeable now and understand what to expect from the tourism industry.

After breakfast, we flagged down a taxi on Zicatela's main road and set off for the airport. During the drive, I gazed out the window at the beautiful Pacific coastline, taking in the sight of its golden, sandy beaches and the colossal waves crashing onto the shore. "I will surely miss it," I whispered.

Honestly, I can't imagine my life without the ocean. I absolutely love it! Having lived in Slovakia twice, with several years separating those periods from the sea, I have to admit that while my time in Slovakia was incredible, the long distance from the sea was a significant personal challenge. The ocean always offers an invitation to regenerate, acting as a fresh start that restores what was lost.

We finally made it to the airport. Since Puerto's airport is very small, there isn't much to do after going through immigration. With heavy hearts, we once again sat quietly next to each other, waiting to board the plane back to Mexico City. 




Flying terrifies me—I despise it—but it's a necessary evil for me to travel. Yet, I suffer so much on every flight. Back then, I didn't realize I'd be making this exact journey repeatedly in the coming years, and that my heart would eventually grow heavier with worries far greater than the plane plummeting from the sky.

The flight: a swift, yet turbulent, ascent over the formidable mountains, then a gentle glide into the heart of Mexico City. Its brevity was a bittersweet mercy, minimizing discomfort even as it heralded the end. With the soft thud of the landing gear, My thoughts, grounded by truth, registered the shift. The fantasy was over. Now, just a short, blissful year of guiding tomorrow's spirited leaders separates me from making this vivid memory tangible once more, a quiet anticipation for the next cherished return.





© 2026 The Dark Rose's Traces. All Rights Reserved. 

Popular posts from this blog

THE WILD ONE

Paris, the City of Lights

THE '80s