THE WILD ONE
Upon reading the title, many of you might immediately think of Suzi Quatro or Iggy Pop. However, this phrase actually refers to an unusual human form… and a very special dog. I’m definitely a dog person! While I appreciate cats, I’ve never had one as a pet. My soul connects better with dogs. Dogs were a constant in my childhood, loyal companions and protectors. However, it wasn't until I lived in Slovakia that I encountered stray dogs. I became involved with shelters and began adopting. Something I regret in some ways due to how my last adoption turned out (I’ll save that story for another time). Most people romanticize adoption, but it can be incredibly challenging, an unending commitment. It's especially demanding if the animal carries past traumas, disabilities, or illnesses. Despite these difficulties, the profound love and unwavering loyalty of dogs ultimately overshadow all struggles. I believe they are divine beings, incapable of the betrayal and abandonment we flawed hu...
